Contact us right away
BOQU Instrument focus on development and production of water quality analyzers and sensors, including water quality meter, dissolved oxygen meter, pH sensors, etc.
1. What is COD?
Chemical Oxygen Demand COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) is a chemical method to measure the amount of reducing substances that need to be oxidized in water samples. Oxygen equivalent of substances (usually organic) that can be oxidized by strong oxidants in wastewater, wastewater treatment plant effluent, and contaminated water. In the study of river pollution and industrial wastewater properties and the operation and management of wastewater treatment plants, it is an important and fast-determined organic pollution parameter, which is often represented by the symbol COD.
2. What is the COD analyzer used for?
As the name suggests, the COD analyzer is an instrument used to quickly measure COD indicators. This series of products follows the basic principles of international standards (ISO) and national standards (HJ-T399-2007). It is based on the low application of time efficiency of conventional titration methods, high cost of reagent consumables and high energy consumption. An instrument for manual and rapid determination of COD indicators.
3. What are the domestic measurement methods?
1. Potassium dichromate method: refers to the COD value measured after 15 minutes of heating and digestion under the condition that the strong oxidant used is potassium dichromate at 165 degrees Celsius. It is also the most widely used detection method in China. Most of the products developed by our company are CODcr detection instruments. Suitable products are JC-200, JC-200A, JC-200B, JC-200C. (Note: This type of analyzer needs to be equipped with a COD digester before it can be used)
2. Permanganate index method: CODmn, this method refers to the COD value measured after being heated in a water bath and digested with potassium permanganate as a strong oxidant for 30 minutes. A suitable product is JC-200M. However, this method has a low reduction rate and is only suitable for COD values u200bu200bin relatively pure water.
3. Coulometric titration method: This method means that after the sample is simply digested, the excess oxidant is subjected to coulometric titration with ferrous iron produced by electrolysis as the reducing agent, and the titration endpoint is determined by the potentiometric method and is calculated according to the consumed electricity COD value in the sample. Suitable products are JC-200K.
4. COD test box: The general COD range can be obtained. For accurate measurement, other COD testers provided by our factory can be selected.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.