Contact us right away
If you run into any issue or have any question.
Which indicator should we pay attention to when drinking water is polluted? In recent years, many collective accidents caused by water quality problems are caused by the contamination of drinking water by microorganisms, and this happens because the residual chlorine of the peripheral water disinfectant is not enough and the water quality is not regularly monitored. Today, I will take you to know the most common disinfectant in drinking water - residual chlorine.
First of all, we must first understand what is residual chlorine? Residual chlorine is the general term for the free chlorine and combined chlorine remaining in the water after the drinking water has been chlorinated and disinfected for a certain period of time. After chlorine is put into water, in addition to consuming a part of the chlorine amount by interacting with bacteria, microorganisms, organic matter, inorganic matter, etc. in the water, there is still a part of the chlorine amount left, and this part of the chlorine amount is called residual chlorine. The function of residual chlorine is to inhibit the reproduction of residual microorganisms in the water and ensure the microbial safety of tap water in the process of pipe network transportation.
The significance of maintaining residual chlorine in drinking water is huge!
1. Prevent the re-growth of coliforms: The problem of the re-growth of coliforms has attracted more and more attention, and it is more effective to use residual disinfectants in drinking water.
2. Inhibit the formation of biofilms: Various methods can be used to control the formation of biofilms in the pipe network, but maintaining the residual chlorine in the pipe network is still the most effective measure.
3. Keep the water quality of the pipe network free from microbial contamination: The biological stability of drinking water quality in the pipe network is almost the same as the biofilm formation in the pipe network and the regrowth of microorganisms, so maintaining residual chlorine is conducive to stabilizing the water quality.
4. Prevent the occurrence of accidental pathogenic bacteria: some pathogenic bacteria, such as Legionella and some coliform microorganisms, can survive or even multiply in the biofilm in the pipe network and branch pipes, and the residual disinfectant in drinking water is important for the control of accidental microorganisms effect.
5. The residual disinfectant can be used as a signal to convey microbial contamination: when the pollutants enter the drinking water pipe network system, the residual disinfectant is consumed, so that the residual disinfectant in some pipe sections in the pipe network is reduced, and the consumption of the residual disinfectant can be used as a pollution signal.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.